Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Just to be Fair: GOP Congressmen say Thanks after saying NO?


In this article, "GOP lawmakers tout projects in the stimulus bill they opposed", Rep. John Mica, FL, is quoted as saying, "I applaud President Obama's recognition that high-speed rail should be part of America's future," the Florida Republican beamed in a press release." Congressmen, don't be a fool, or make us look like ones. Don't go slamming this "stimulus" bill in Washington, then come home and gush about how it will help. It either sucks or it doesn't sir, which on is it. This is the problem with the GOP, and why I won't join it until I see crap like this stop. Have some principals man, stand up and stay standing.


Like I said before, building bridges or trains won't stimulate now, but 2 to 5 years or more from now. But if I, or you got a tax cut, something real, not like the disappearing ones in this bill, something like a pause in payroll taxes for 4 or 5 months, this would stimulate spending and maybe even production. Just think, if you didn't have to pay taxes on what you earned for 6 months, wouldn't you try as hard as you could to make as much as possible during that time frame, I know I would. But wait, that's just capitalism, we don't want to try that again, that's just not the way of the future anymore. Remember, Change has Come!


No comments: