Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Because he's Black? The "PC" trap!







"Ferraro 'absolutely not' apologetic on Obama remarks." That's the head line for a story from the LA TIMES. And she shouldn't be, because everyone knows that it's true. She said this "If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman [of any color] he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept." But she also said this, "I was talking about historic candidacies," she said. "In 1984, if my name were Gerard Ferraro instead of Geraldine Ferraro, I would never have been chosen as the vice president."
And that is true as well. Why does this truth hurt the Obama campaign so much? They, the media, are always talking about how he's doing in the black community or that people want to vote for him because they want to see a black man in the White House for the first time and it will go a long way in "righting wrongs" from the past. But then when someone, someone from their own party, says these truths, they are made out to be racist bigots. See the story from the LA Times.
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-ferraro13mar13,0,3428699.story

This is the "PC trap" I'm talking about. And it's all about offending people. Listen up, if I or anyone offends you, it's only because you, yes you, have given me or them the power to do so. Let me say that again, YOU GIVE THE POWER TO SOMEONE TO OFFEND YOU! Now I can't stand the Obama campaign, he is an empty suit as far as I'm concerned. But Ms. Ferraro is absolutely correct in her statements, he's there because he's black. He has great charisma, looks good, very...should I say it.... "articulate" and seems to be running a good campaign. He's a strong candidate. But God even knows that he's there because he a man with African heritage. And if that offends someone, and you want to tell everyone I'm a racist bigot or Ms. Ferraro is one, then go right ahead. I for one know it's not true and know that who ever calls me that must be an absolute idiot. I won't be offended and won't give one flying leap about it. I will not give them the power to offend me. It's that easy.





Last word, if anyone votes for Obama because he's black, OR, votes against him because he's black, they are a PIN HEAD. Same with the female thing with Clinton, if it makes your decision, you're a PIN HEAD. Enough said about those two.


4/14/08 PS:More support for this argument; Johnson cites race in Obama's surge
Bobcats owner, who supports Clinton, says Ferraro said it right
JIM MORRILL
jmorrill@charlotteobserver.com

DAVIE HINSHAW / Staff Photographer
4/14/08 - Charlotte Bobcats owner Bob Johnson talks with Observer reporters.

Wading back into the Democratic presidential race, billionaire businessman Bob Johnson said Monday that Sen. Barack Obama would not be his party's leading candidate if he were white.

No comments: